H. A. Christie & Co., Chartered Accountants
IBEAR XI alumnus, James C Wong, is an advisor / consultant; educator; and entrepreneur.
James C Wong has more than 4 decades of experience as a service provider in management advisory services delivered to clients in a broad range of industries. His professional experience and credentials in corporate governance; risk advisory and assurance, including enterprise risk management and internal audit; financial management; and other areas were developed and honed over five phases, as follows:
- Big-Four accounting firm auditor, with the predecessor firms to KPMG in the US, Malaysia, and Singapore (from entry- to director-level);
- Corporate Internal Auditor; Corporate Controller; and Treasurer in the US with a Fortune 500 publicly listed company;
- Consultant, in the capacity of Partner, Risk Advisory Services and Practice Leader, Internal Audit Services with KPMG Singapore;
- Independent consultant, JCW Consultants Pte Ltd; and adjunct professor at the School of Accountancy, Singapore Management University (SMU); and
- Entrepreneur in the first joint-venture, Axcelasia Singapore Pte Ltd; and adjunct professor at the Singapore University of Social Sciences and SMU.
Since January 2019, and coming full circle in his second and latest entrepreneurship venture, James Wong has teamed up with his former supervisor and mentor at H. A. Christie & Co., Chartered Accountants, Singapore. The accounting firm, formed almost 30 years ago, presently provides mostly business advisory services from company incorporation to liquidation, and various other business support in between. Clients are a mix of individual entrepreneurs and MNCs, primarily from the Asia Pacific, including Australia; Europe; and the US. James’ next challenge is to build on the existing professional practice to grow it further. This would entail expanding the list of management advisory services offered, and increasing the client listing to include companies listed, or aspiring to get listed, on the Singapore Exchange.